Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7-Tin-7: Pour me another, please!

Check out my 7-Trends-in-7-Days challenge on my Midsummer Night's Dream... of Fall post.

Day 1:  Dinner downtown with friends
The Trend:  Vino Rosso!
It is very apparent that wine (pick your poison: Bordeaux, Cabernet, Merlot, Rouge, or Rosso) is the shade-du-fall.  I love it!  The variations are so yummy just about every skin tone will meet their match in the shades-of-wine color wheel.  On the runway it was paired with everything from hot pink to red to gold to taupe.  I paired these Shiraz hued shorts with a bright pink pullover.  The shoes came about because they were literally the only other wine colored item in my wardrobe (you know what that means... time to shop!).  The turquoise on the shoe started the evolution of turquoise accessories.  I added some organic textures & tones to contrast the gold pieces then glommed on a little bright red gloss for an unexpected pop to complete my look on Day 1.  Off to dinner downtown with friends...

Sweater: Jcrew
Shorts: BCBG
Clutch: Banana Republic

Necklaces: Jcrew
Bangles: Forever 21 (mostly)
Cuff:  can't remember (shucks!)
Nails:  OPI Alpine Snow

Shades:  Prada
Lips:  MAC Wonder Woman gloss, Cherry liner

Wedges:  BCBG
Toes:  OPI Alpine Snow
... a lovely evening, featuring the fall shade of choice, completed only by a bottle of Sangiovese.  Not only do I love a big glass of Cabernet during the months of fall, but I am greatly looking forward to ripening my wardrobe with Merlot!

Sylishly yours,
DKG



No comments:

Post a Comment