Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blogging "Friends"

OK, I will admit that I have been a little distant with my style blogging.  It's not that I am less obsessed with fashion, or blogging, or you-- my peeps.  Rather, we are embarking on a home remodel & I have been a bit more home style obsessed in my after hours (fair warning: this blog may take on a new twist).  I promise to arm you with spring must-haves & fab-fashion-finds to boot in the weeks to come.  In the meantime, to quench your blogging palate, I want to share with you a good ol' blog friend of mine & a new one too:

Keep the old...
I have been following Gwenyth Paltrow's blog "GOOP" for sometime now.  Go to www.goop.com & subscribe to her email alerts.  She sends out really interesting posts on everything from fashion to health & beauty to travel to great party playlists to delicious healthy recipes to new books to read (the list goes on).  She is (obviously) well connected so most of her posts involve interviews with super fab folks who rock at what they do.  I find interest in just about all of her topics, and really love her travel tips.  Recently, Frank and I explored New Orleans through the eyes of Michael Stipes (REM's lead singer) based on her interview with him on his favorite NOLA hot spots.  Our trip was second to none.  We did this in Spain, and New York, and even San Francisco.  There are many more examples of fab finds I have quickly adopted that came through Gwenyth's GOOP blog.  The latest:

But, make new friends...
Jay-Z has a new blog!   www.lifeandtimes.com
He discusses everything from art to music to culture to STYLE!  Now, I've always had a thing for Jay-Z.  Maybe it's because he is HOT, or has his own clothing line, or that his song 'Empire State of Mind' only deepens my obsession with NYC, or maybe it is simply because he is married to Beyonce.  Whatever the reason I have to say that his blog is off the charts!  Check it out, you won't be disappointed.  I was hooked when I read Gwenyth Paltrow's Q&A & he answered her question "GP- You are the coolest man on Earth, how the f did you get like that?"  by saying "JZ- I'm around great women, starting with my mom.  Women keep men cool.  The hotter the chick the cooler the guy... that sounds like a really bad rap line!"  But a great rapper indeed, and an even cooler f-ing blog!

So while I'm remodel-style-hunting & preparing my upcoming spring fashion blog entries make some new (slightly more famous) friends, but keep the old!

Stylishly yours,
DKG

No comments:

Post a Comment