Sunday, August 21, 2011

Where the Cowboys are the Stars

One of the many unique experiences I've indulged in since living in Idaho is the Caldwell Night Rodeo!  We are talking bucking broncos, bull riding, & buckets of beer-a-plenty.  This year was my second go around at the rodeo, a new found yearly birthday celebration for one of my girlfriends who is an Idaho native (& RIDICULOUS competitive runner/blonde bombshell).  This year I started to feel a bit more in my element at the rodeo as I knew what it meant when the cowboy rode for 8 seconds flat.  But, when I stopped & looked around it was ever-apparent that I am not in San Francisco anymore... and... I love it!  Besides, I can click my heels 3 times, give my credit card to United Air, & be back in the city at the drop of a cowboy hat.  People at the rodeo are simple, hard working, good time country folks who don't need a Gucci bag or Prada shades to enjoy the show.  Wranglers are the denim of choice & I must admit to feeling a bit inspired by the leather chaps, I am now on the prowl for something leather, & fringed, but with a little more coverage on the caboose!  While the chaps inspired me, I got quite a few looks (stares) at my crocheted short shorts, so I'm not so sure I set any trends in Caldwell that night.  I guess I'll have to wait until next year to see if the rodeo queens are turning Grandma's table cloth into garments.  Regardless, it was a hootin'-hollerin'-heck'u'va-good night, thank you Caldwell!  Here's a little rodeo queen love for your viewing pleasure.





Stylishly yours,
DKG

No comments:

Post a Comment