Monday, July 25, 2011

7-Tin-7: Solid Gold

Check out my 7-Trends-in-7-Days challenge on my Midsummer Night's Dream... of Fall post.

Day 5:  Awards Celebration at the Golf Club (the sequel to All That Glitters Isn't (necessarily) Gold)
The Trend:  Big Bold Gold... everything

This trend does make me feel like a throw-back from the 80's, but who doesn't love Solid Gold?  According to the catwalk you can wear this trend however you choose from a solid gold dress to skinny pants to a layer of simple gold chains.  I tend to lean towards the Mr. T side of the spectrum as you can tell by my not-so-subtle, Vegas-style jacket.  However, I appreciate the fact that I tend to take a few more fashion risks than most.  Suit yourself with this trend, but don't be afraid to pair a "loud" item with something as simple as a pair of jeans & a cotton tank.  One of my favorite looks is jeans, a wife beater, a blazer, a pair of stilettos, and a few gold (or silver) chains.  I am, however, on the prowl for some glamorous gold leggings, oh so godess-esque.  When I find my goddess-ness I will pair it with a sheer blousy top, some form of rockin' taupe pumps, & as many gold chains & bangles I can find in my bodouir.  Until then, I will sport my LaRok jacket into the fall & winter to represent this "Bold Gold" trend.  As part of my summer twist here I went with an all white ensemble to contrast the gold jacket & of course, give it a more summery feel.   As a side note:  wearing all white to this Awards Celebration turned pool party kept me from getting thrown in the pool!  Nice one!  Who says that BOLD fashion choices can't also keep you safe (and dry)?


Jacket:  LaRok
Jeans:  Rock Revival
Tank: C&C California

Bangles:  Forever 21, JCrew
Ring:  Lucky
Watch:  Invicta

Shoes:  Tory Burch

Voila!  Big Bold Gold trend... complete with summer twist.  Your turn...

Stylishly yours,
DKG

No comments:

Post a Comment