Sunday, July 24, 2011

7-Tin-7: Lace Revisited

Check out my 7-Trends-in-7-Days challenge on my Midsummer Night's Dream... of Fall post.

Day 4:  Backyard BBQ complete with Beer & Brats
The Trend:  Lace
Is it lingerie?  Is it a table cloth?  How should one wear lace & when is it appropriate?  Lace seems to stand the test of time in it's various forms within decor & clothing.  I find it luxurious, a staple, a stamp of tradition in an ever-changing world filled with fly-by-night trends.  I love it's feminine quality & I love it's versatility.  On the dramatic side I've seen fellow bloggers successfully pair lingerie shorts with a poplin top.   Being a sucker for contrast, I love the dramatic look of a rugged pair of ripped up jeans & something as refined as a lace bodice or blouse.  The runway showed the gamut of lace embellishments from layered lace dresses to monochromatic blouses with a subtle lace trim.  Lady-like looks are everywhere for fall & they are the perfect place for lace.  If you are so lucky to own an heirloom pull it out this fall & experiment with contrast pieces.  If not, pick up a piece or two, it is an investment that will not go out of style.  On to my outfit... because I looked a 97 degree backyard BBQ in the face, I opted for short shorts with these layered lace tanks.  Once again, Tory Burch completed my look in the form of patent leather wedges.  Simple, but a "cool" way to revisit a trend I adore so much!


Tanks: Free People
Shorts:  JCrew
Shoes:  Tory Burch

Layered Lace tanks

Bracelets (top down): Kate Spade, Forever 21, Anthropologie

Lips:  MAC lickable lipstick, Magenta liner

Stylishly yours,
DKG

2 comments:

  1. I loved this series. So much fun and inspirational. What did you use on your eyelids? The shadow and liner really compliment the shape of your eyes. I'd love for you to post a tutorial. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just wait! I have an eyeliner tutorial comin' your way :)

    ReplyDelete