Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mountain Town Trip Tips

My girlfriend Cecily & I are BFFs from college days.  She is one of those lifelong friends who is quick to be there when life gets rocky & more impressively is always the first to genuinely celebrate my successes.  She is laid-back, funny, generous, & never jealous, selfish, or catty.  We have a lot in common in the sense that she is equally up for an outdoor adventure or perusing the racks at Macy's.   Like me, she loves designer clothing but regularly shops at Marshall's & while she savors 5 star dining experiences she is just as happy with a cheese burger & a scooner of beer at a hole in the wall.  We don't talk everyday & we only see each other a couple of times a year, but as true friends do, we always seem to pick up where we left off like no time has passed.  She is more like family than friend.  Oh, and by the way, she has an incredibly beautiful & interesting life & style blog:  cecyj.com, check it out!  She has incredible taste & I just know that you will love her clever & incredible finds.

Anyway, she recently packed for a trip to Lake Tahoe & suggested a "what to pack" post.  Since I frequent Sun Valley & other  mountain towns, I happen to be experienced at spur-the-moment-mountain-travel-packing & I jumped at the opportunity for new blog material.  So here: I share with you my travel packing tips for a stylish weekend in fresh mountain air.


1. Tommy Bahama
2. La Blanca
3. Lucky
4. Nordstrom
5. Tory Burch
6. Kate Spade
7. Alexis Bittar
8. Tibi
9. Threadsence
10. Sam Edelman
11. Jcrew
12. Kate Spade
13. Anthropologie
14. Anthropologie
15. Anthropologie
16. Anthropologie
17. Current Elliot
18. Anthropologie
19. JBrand
20. Valentino
21. Theory
22. C&C California
23. A+O
24. Alexis Bittar
25. JBrand
26. Anthropologie
27. Free People
28. Ruche
29. TOMS
30. Ella Moss

I hope this gives you a few ideas for your next mountain getaway.  Thanks Cec for a great DKGstyle post idea & for just being you!  XXOO

BTW, if you want to see a particular post, feel free to email me.

Stylishly yours,
DKG

2 comments:

  1. Love all the COLOR! Makes me want to plan a trip to Tahoe! AND....love your's and Cec's Blogs! To the two of you: Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing. How did you whip this together so fast. Love, love all the Tahoe tips. XOXO

    ReplyDelete