Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bedecked with Bangles

Having packed up more than 1/2 of my wardrobe for an upcoming move, I am having to get a bit more resourceful with the items left on my closet dowel & in my drawers.  Internal monologue:  "oh perfect, i'll wear that black leather pleated mini with a white tank, knotted denim shirt, & my... crap, did i pack up the black leather mini? why would i pack up the black leather mini when minis are perfect for summer?  because it was black?  what, is idaho exempt from wearing black year round?  seriously, what if you had a spur the moment new york trip?  why would you pack up the black leather mini?  #@!&... nincompoop!... ok, plan b."   Accessories always seem to rescue me from my dire inner voice just in the knick knack of time.  They seem to be the pop of color on a basic canvas, which appears to be all that I left for myself to wear this summer.  I'm finding in my desperate "the-item-I-wanted-to-wear-is-packed...#@&!" moments that the more bangles I pile on, the merrier I feel.  Here's a glimpse of my mid-move make-out session with bangles.  I like to call them my knights in shining armor... aren't they hot?!

L to R:  Jcrew, Jcrew, Forever 21, Anthropologie, Forever 21, Forever 21


Grab a bangle or 2 or 22 & call yourself jingle, jangle, bangled, & armed for accessory laden summer livin'! 

Stylishly yours,
DKG

6 comments:

  1. i need that huge beaded bangle. i love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I participated in the BDIB challenge too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm party! Oh that large beaded cuff is amazing!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last bracelet (F21 seed bead??) is so fab! I love how you threw in the gold neutral cuff in the middle! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stylish BANGLES......You are always creating FASHION with whatever you have. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your look! The mixture of cultures and colors is fabulous. As always this has been a fun challenge :)
    robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun challenge! Thank you for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete