Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7-Tin-7: Blocks of Color for Benefit

Check out my 7-Trends-in-7-Days challenge on my Midsummer Night's Dream... of Fall post.

Day 7:  Gala to benefit the Idaho Shakespeare Festival
The Trend:  Color Blocking
Color blocking is the fine art of mismatching monochromatic items within an ensemble so much so, they match.  Sounds brilliantly confusing, huh!  On the contrary this is one of the most brilliant trends to experiment with this season or next.  Without question you already own enough in your closet to color block yourself into style. Even if you live in NYC where black is the new white, brown, or red, use it!  Black counts too.  If you don't dare go as Crayola crazy as I did here, pair something gray with something black with something white & throw on some red shoes, you are officially color blocked.  I love the 2-toned items we are starting to see, a new & welcomed take on the stripe obsession.  Pair your 2 tones with 2 more & you are color blocked.  At the very most, find your favorite color flavor of the season & grab some pumps to pair with countless ensembles you are sure to drum up within your own wardrobe.  I guarantee you can put together outfits appropriate for a casual family gathering to a night out with the girls in those same colorfully brilliant pumps (so make 'em comfy).  Here I wore a breezy  A+O dress (!!! it's getting hot in here!!!) & some purple pumps I think I bought for a wedding & had literally never worn, yet received more compliments on than any other shoe I've donned regularly (WOW! major perk of the challenge).  I put on a few bangles, a lovely cocktail ring, carried a bright clutch, & called myself color blocked for an evening of serious-sweltering-loot-raising-loveliness!


Dress:  Alice + Olivia
Clutch:  Mar Y Sol Billie Raffia Ruffle Clutch

My years as a dancer!

Shades:  Tom Ford Yvette
Lips:  MAC Cremesheen Lipstick LICKABLE
Earrings:  can't remember

Bangles:  Forever 21, Kate Spade
Cocktail Ring:  uggghhh, can't remember

Shoes:  Gianni Bini (never rec'd so many compliments in 1 night!!!)

Color Blocking is "HOT" (like 99 degrees)!


<Covet Corner>
Similar dresses:
 Halston Heritage Womens Sarong Knot Cocktail Dress
 Bcbgeneration women's Pleated Tube Dress
Similar Shoes:
Butter Women's City Pump

Stylishly yours,
DKG

No comments:

Post a Comment