Friday, June 24, 2011

You stud you...

OK, I'm back.  House is listed, remodel underway, now I can get back to trends & style.

I recently attended a fundraising gala for the incredible Trey McIntyre Project.  I had a fabulous Alice + Olivia frock, complete with leather bustier & zipper, lined up to wear, but was in need of a belt to finish off the look.  I wanted something with a little more edge than my go-to patent leather belt, something that would work with my rockin' Sam Edelman studded heels.  One of the very few things I dislike about Boise is the fact that last minute accessories or outfits are just not an option.  Our shopping in Boise leaves a lot to be desired, which has turned me into a diligent outfit planner & online shopper.  Regardless, I decided to brave the dismal Boise Town Square mall in hopes that my luck might be different this time.   Dillards, Macys, yuk, nothin'!  Never had I entered Forever 21 before in my life, but I was desperate.  Not bad for picking up some disposable bangles, but not the belt I had in mind.  Discouraged I was on my way out of the mall & happened to stumble upon Hot Topic.  Again, never had I stepped foot in that store before, but it turned out to be my jackpot.  I found a couple sweet studed belts that are now a staple in my wardrobe.  They add that cool & edgy look that I needed to complete my gala ensemble.  I've even paired the taupe one with my fave Tracy Reese silk romper & an Alexander McQueen scarf for a casual cool look.  For those who are lucky enough to live in a geography with fabulous shopping or for those who, like me, are a bit department store deprived I encourage you to try accessorizing yourself off the beaten path.  You might be surprised & will even save a few bucks that can be put towards your Christian Louboutin fund.


Stylishly yours,
DKG

Alice+Olivia dress, Hot Topic belt,
Sam Edelman heels, Feather clutch
Tracy Reese romper, Hot Topic belt,
Alexander McQueen scarf, Prada shades






















   
Sam Edelman heels



No comments:

Post a Comment