Friday, June 24, 2011

You stud you...

OK, I'm back.  House is listed, remodel underway, now I can get back to trends & style.

I recently attended a fundraising gala for the incredible Trey McIntyre Project.  I had a fabulous Alice + Olivia frock, complete with leather bustier & zipper, lined up to wear, but was in need of a belt to finish off the look.  I wanted something with a little more edge than my go-to patent leather belt, something that would work with my rockin' Sam Edelman studded heels.  One of the very few things I dislike about Boise is the fact that last minute accessories or outfits are just not an option.  Our shopping in Boise leaves a lot to be desired, which has turned me into a diligent outfit planner & online shopper.  Regardless, I decided to brave the dismal Boise Town Square mall in hopes that my luck might be different this time.   Dillards, Macys, yuk, nothin'!  Never had I entered Forever 21 before in my life, but I was desperate.  Not bad for picking up some disposable bangles, but not the belt I had in mind.  Discouraged I was on my way out of the mall & happened to stumble upon Hot Topic.  Again, never had I stepped foot in that store before, but it turned out to be my jackpot.  I found a couple sweet studed belts that are now a staple in my wardrobe.  They add that cool & edgy look that I needed to complete my gala ensemble.  I've even paired the taupe one with my fave Tracy Reese silk romper & an Alexander McQueen scarf for a casual cool look.  For those who are lucky enough to live in a geography with fabulous shopping or for those who, like me, are a bit department store deprived I encourage you to try accessorizing yourself off the beaten path.  You might be surprised & will even save a few bucks that can be put towards your Christian Louboutin fund.


Stylishly yours,
DKG

Alice+Olivia dress, Hot Topic belt,
Sam Edelman heels, Feather clutch
Tracy Reese romper, Hot Topic belt,
Alexander McQueen scarf, Prada shades






















   
Sam Edelman heels



1 comment:

  1. Jiangsu yaxing chain co., LTD. (AsAc) is a professional engaged in Marine cable and Marine welding anchor chain production enterprise, and it is China's Marine cable and Marine mooring chain production and export base, is the world's one of the largest in the industry, the most has the comprehensive strength of the modern enterprise.

    ReplyDelete